Wednesday, April 21, 2010

dear sir or madam:

this is in regards to my most recent let down. and this is in regards to me sounding as if the world's job is to keep me happy. it's not, i know. i lost that sense of entitlement at an early age. momma, driving the car, telling me that the world owes me nothing, no one owes me anything and if they do i should not have been in that situation in the first place. (mom was never really into that fairytale bullshit)
i forgot this once when i believed a boy would owe me his heart forever. but i got over that too when i realized you can't expect to get if you don't give. so i gave. boy, did i give!
but this isn't about sexuality and this isn't about one's interpretation of riding in cars with boys.
this is about karma and feeling like maybe just once something could work in my favor. but i have this attitude where i'm not feeling like lending my talents anymore. under appreciation, little compensation, que sera sera. so i'll act like it's not my concern and say i'm busy everyday this week. yeah, midterms. and reading? damn, there's so much of that. and i'll walk away feeling like i own the place. i will show you!
mom said the world owes me nothing but she never said i couldn't hold my head up like it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment