Tuesday, March 29, 2011

2005 called. it wants its pants back.

I wore these today. no big deal. They remind me of 2005 though. These were really cool in 2005. Lately I've been into categorizing things by timeframe, preferably year. It all started last summer when Best Friend and I were driving through god knows where Central California looking for a gas station. We were in this tiny town and he mentioned it looked like 2006. It totally made sense. Some things just look like a year.
So anyway, 2005 has been my favorite reference lately. I think 2005 was a good year for me. I met my future first boyfriend (though we didn't start dating til 2007. took it slow, duh) and I took the picture for my license that is still on my license. Generally, I thought I was badass in 2005. But back to these pants. They are 2005 but also really appropriate for days like this; e.g. when it's warm outside but freezing inside classrooms. Great ventilation system, 2005 pants. (and don't worry, I'll do my laundry so I don't ever have to wear these again)

p.s. That awkward moment when a guy texts that he "needs you" and of course he doesn't know it but he might be your secret crush and you revert to what the 2005 you would have done and take it out of context and assume, ohmygodomg he might 'like like' me? That happened today.
p.p.s. Spring break is over and I'm bummed. I didn't really do much yet I was busy the whole time. hate that.
p.p.p.s. I love all my classes and have a girl crush on my woman professor. I'm adding her to the role model list.
p.p.p.p.s. I also love work. My boss(es) raises guinea pigs, makes drinking references, encourages snack time. Of course we're going to get along.

No comments:

Post a Comment