Monday, November 1, 2010

why are you dressed so scary? it's halloween!

[my owl o'lantern. one of three pumpkins i carved over three days. i'm a little obsessive.]

Halloween was a rager! If you're a cat lady and only get out for weekly bingo tournaments. (not that there's anything wrong with that). But I ran into a good, old high school friend in a parking lot the other night and we stood in the rain (me in shorts), him with a dead car battery, freezing but happy to talk until 2 am.
"Aubrey, please don't be JFK for halloween. That's not sexy."
Okay so I really wanted to be JFK. Shoot me. Unfortunately not even that plan was fulfilled. Instead, I spent all day in the library with Andrew and a smuggled in pumpkin pie studying Supreme Court cases for a midterm the next day, writing a last-minute emergency article for the Highlander and stealing art supplies from the visual media room and galavanting around the U of R campus at one in the morning.
This is sadly reminiscent of last Halloween, which was spent at UCLA with A. We were both a little sick and lived it up by reading our textbooks and eating Coffee Bean scones.
Obviously, there are high expectations for Halloween '11.

Update: I just re-read this entry and noticed the JFK-shoot me pun. Not intended. I'm naturally hilarious (wink).

No comments:

Post a Comment