Wednesday, October 28, 2009

the writing's on the wall.

i've made it a tradition to use the olhmstead bathroom after every public policy class even though i don't always have to pee. what's the appeal then, you may ask? the writing that is all over the last bathroom stall. it's really quite inspirational.

"You are more beautiful than you will ever know."
"The real question is not whether there is life after death but life before death."
"Have you looked at the sky lately? The sunshine is beautiful."

and then there is the practical:
"My boyfriend of five years says he is 'thinking.' WTF is there to think about? I am heart broken and lost."
"I'm a commuter and it's so hard to meet people. I hate being friendless here."

and people actually respond to these life questions. it's an underground bathroom society!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah UCSC had lots of those! I got into a fight about economics in my dorm bathroom once. Another bathroom always had relationship stories and it was like a Dear Prudence column.

    ReplyDelete